Beyond the Palladian entrance, the old Limonaia of Palazzo Angaran has been closed along the columns side, becoming a linear home with no interruption with the garden.
- Flavio Albanese
- 500 sqm
director of the project Flavio Albanese
founder & partner
Flavio Albanese (1951), is founder and president of Asastudio. A self-taught man whose training did not follow the more usual academic route, he began to show interest in shapes and design as a very young boy, and he gradually added many strings to his bow in all sectors of architecture and design. He has held courses at the École Polytechinique Fédérale in Lausanne and at the Art Institute in Chicago (1980), at Yale University (1983), at the University of Architecture in Delft (2005), at the University of Florida (2006), at the Fundacion Proa de Buenos Aires (2008) and frequently at the most important Italian universities. He has also held two workshops at the international summer school of the Architecture School in Venice in 2009 and 2010. He was a member of the Confindustria Vicenza committee from 1998 to 2001, the Domus Academy Scientific Committee (2004-2005) and the MIart Committee of Honour (2009 and 2010), director of the Officina del Porto di Palermo (2006-2008), vice president of the Andrea Palladio Architecture Firms International Centre (2011-2015) and president of the Fondazione Teatro Comunale Città di Vicenza (2010-2016). From 2007 to 2010 he was asked to head Domus, the prestigious international architecture, design and contemporary art magazine. Together with his brother France, he founded Asastudio in Vicenza in 1987, whose projects have appeared in the most important architecture and design magazines. The Neores project was selected for the Mies van der Rohe Foundation European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture, and Asastudio took part in Venice's Architecture Biennial in 2004 and 2006. Flavio is an avid reader and bibliophile (his library, which is open to the rest of the firm, contains more than 15,000 volumes) and he is a connoisseur and collector of contemporary art.
- Images credits
- Aldo Ballo
“The small palace of Bernardo da Schio (today Vaccari) by Andrea Palladio was a disputed matter between the historians: the façade towards Pusterla would have been built on one of his drawings, in 1565, but without his supervision. Yet from Pane to Ackerman, everyone believes it an autograph work of Palladio.
Once you pass the passage, you enter the garden. On the right there are the old stable and the long greenhouse for plants and lemon trees. Flavio Albanese has converted the greenhouse in his studio and his townhouse, taking advantage of the slope towards the river, marking the levels with few steps. The arrangement of the rooms is careful. Sofas and armchairs are covered with white canvas, the surface finish of the walls is in lime, the curtains, falling on the windows, give the spaces a white light, made brighter where bush plants stand guard like the old lemon trees. Left the ancient volume intact, Albanese closed it like a large glass window, without interrupting communication with the garden. Indeed, the genius of the place is marked by the terrace, above the greenhouse, defended by a white curtain, in waves, that seems immersed in the plants.” (Neri Pozza, 1980)